11.02.2006

It's all my fault, Bruins fans

Seeing that I had to stay at work a little later than normal tonight, I missed most of the Buffalo-Boston game on NHL Center Ice. What I did see, though, was thoroughly enjoyable.

No sooner had I sat down in my recliner, making room for Colin and Taz, did Maxim Afinogenov, scoring his second goal of the period, bring the Sabres back to within one, 4-3. Then, less than a minute later, Ales Kotalik knotted the game to force overtime and, ultimately, the shootout.

Though Colin cheered when Patrice Bergeron scored on his attempt, all I did was smile when Kotalik sealed the deal on Tim Thomas, giving the Sabres a 5-4 win and a second point, which by Andy Brickley's account, they didn't deserve.

While that may be true, well-coached teams don't give up a three-goal lead with less than nine minutes to play in the third period. Well-coached teams refuse to give up, too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home