10.19.2006

Clarke or Forsberg? Forsberg or Clarke?

Whenever the Philadelphia Flyers come to town, I'm faced with a difficult decision. Do I focus on Bob Clarke, the Flyers' general manager and Hall of Famer, or Peter Forsberg, one of the league's top stars?

To some, this might represent a dilemma. As a grammarian, I know that it's not. A dilemma is having to make a choice between two equally unpleasant outcomes. As in, do I root for the Leafs or the Canadiens?

English lesson aside, this decision reared its butt-ugly head again. Thankfully, an opportunity to be the first of only two hounds to approach Clarke, about two blocks away from the team's hotel in downtown Tampa, settled the decision.

As a result, I missed out on Forsberg, who signed only about eight items, as I was getting the pucks shown above signed by Clarke.

With any luck, I'll finally get pucks signed by Forsberg during the Flyers' next trip to tropical Tampa.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Sounds like a good call going for Clarke considering today's news!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

Hitchcock is probably my least favorite coach out there. He can't seem to build a team that's well-designed for the "new NHL" and his constant use of the "team toughness" concept repeatedly fails. Count me in as another one who is glad to see him go and hopes he never gets an NHL job again.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home