3.06.2007

Imagine that

One of my colleagues at the paper tells me that Brett Hull, my favorite blowhard, really is a nice guy.

Following the Dallas Stars-Tampa Bay Lightning game last week, my colleague, a former NHL beat writer, was part of a group of media types, including Hull, that retired to a nearby sports bar for some frosty beverages and a huge plate of chicken wings.

Hull, who does radio work for the Stars besides working for NHL on NBC, was instantly recognized.

"He could barely get through a wing without someone coming up for a picture or an autograph," my colleague said. "He was very nice about it."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Count me in as another Hull hater, but I'll give him his due: despite his past comments about hating autograph collectors, he will sign, and will do tons via mail.

I've heard of him constantly doing 3 to 5 cards per request through the Stars.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To hell with Hull.....he stole what was rightfully ours and cheated doing it....and put Bettman right next to him for not reviewing the goal....Hate rhymes with Hull...right?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Please, don't think I've crossed over to the other side.

This posting was only about objectivity. You know, prsenting both sides of a story.

Like a judge with all the facts, you get to you make a determination.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home