3.03.2007

Is Upper Deck worth the wait?


I may have passed on hounding the Dallas Stars earlier this week, but it didn't stop me from receiving an autograph from one of its players. Too bad, though, it didn't happen in person.

Upper Deck finally sent a Jussi Jokinen Auto Draft redemption (139/192) (shown above) from the 2005-06 SP Game Used edition.

It's hard to imagine any other industry than sports cards that takes so long to fulfill obligations to its customers. Sure, I know that Upper Deck will blame the athletes. It always has and always will.

I'd like to believe, though, that Upper Deck could work harder to minimize these waits or, at the least, reward our patience. What do you think?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

I don't complain too much about redemption times. While I'd like to have my autographs as soon as I open the pack, for me a free autograph is a free autograph, whether it arrives immediately or after six months.

Speaking of waiting six months for a free autograph, if you're interested, I hear Messier and Chelios are both signing via mail. And Chelios is actually signing cards too!

Shoot me an e-mail or comment over at Simply Drew if you want more info.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

Not five teams, six teams in Canada-- Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton.

Granted, I do know a few Canadians who don't want to consider Quebec as part of the country.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Messier? Chelios, on cards? Hell is freezing over!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

I'm about to try them for myself, but apparently Chelios is signing cards via mail to the Chelly's Chili branch in or near Detroit

1:28 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Excellent information, Drew. Thanks.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home