2.20.2007

Quietly, puck No. 1,200

It might not be the biggest milestone of the collection, but I still reached 1,200 autographed pucks when Florida’s Olli Jokinen signed this New York Islanders puck today before the Panthers' morning skate at the St. Pete Times Forum.

No fireworks went off. No church bells tolled. Tampa’s Mayor Pam Iorio didn’t drive down from city hall to present me with a key to the fair city. Nope, nothing like that at all.

It was just another "Thank you" on my part and a knowing smile that reaching my goal of 1,250 pucks by season’s end is obtainable.

Addendum: This is the 300th post of the season.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Looks like it won't be long until you have more signed pucks than I have signed cards.

Speaking of which, I finally got a mailed request back. Peter Bondra did 3 of 4 cards in about 30 days.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

It'll only get bigger this weekend, with the Bruins, Penguins and Stars in town.

In fact, it'll be like Old Home Days with the Bruins on Friday.

I don't believe, though, I'll reach 1,250 by Tuesday.

Maybe the Sabres on March 16th. Probably the Islanders on March 20th. Definitely the Devils on March 22nd.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home