11.12.2006

This is going in a frame

A couple years ago, before the NHL lockout put Pacific hockey cards out of business, the company produced a line called Pacific Exhibit.

One of the premiums of the set, released during the 2003-04 season, was a chase parallel of oversized cards. Nothing real fancy, just enlarged versions of the base set -- stars and commons included.

Over the past few years, I’ve kept them in my working stock. My recent fascination with pucks, though, allowed them to gather some dust. But now, as I become more selective with my pucks, I recognize an opportunity to get these bigger cards signed.

Atlanta’s Ilya Kovalchuk, I’m wicked proud to say, signed my first card. And after a trip to Target later today, that card will end up in a frame on top of Colin’s dresser.

Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home