11.25.2006

Get a new shirt, will ya?

Of all the things that genius Albert Einstein is known for, the one I admire the most was his selection of clothing. Legend has it that he always wore the same style of suit every day. His logic? Any thought spent on what you're wearing is a waste of time.

As a disciple to that line of great thinking, my standard fare is, and has been, T-shirts and jeans. Here in Florida, however, shorts have replaced the jeans.

And though this will likely be the first and last post on clothing, I couldn't help but wonder, as Ottawa's Dany Heatley was signing the puck shown above, what he spends his money on. I'll tell you one thing, it's certainly not clothes.

Here's a guy, making $4.5 million this season, and he was wearing a tattered T-shirt that, to my limited fashion knowledge, had green paint spilled all over it. Now, I'm not usually one to notice what other men are wearing, but this was too weird.

Maybe it was a designer T-shirt, and the paint was a conscious decision. Who knows? And, really, does it matter? But, don't you think making that kind of money would allow you to stop by the local Wal-Mart and pick up a new Fruit of the Loom T-shirt for $4.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIKE YOU DRESS BETTER !!!!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

I don't. But I don't make $4.5 million either. And I doubt I will.

By the way, John, how was Thanksgiving? Did you enjoy your meal at the shelter?

Don't worry either. I'll be back soon for a visit and perhaps we can go do "lunch."

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home