1.20.2007

What's with all the fuss?

Anyone who knows me will vouch that I place very little emphasis on fashion.

To me, GQ is nothing more than a typo of the old newspaper proofing mark of CQ. As a kid, the only way I could tell what colors went together was to look at the uniforms of most NHL teams. Thankfully, I knew enough back then to stay away from the hideous hues of the California Golden Seals and Kansas City Scouts.

But when I take a look at the new NHL uniforms, modeled by Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby, I'm having a hard time figuring out why some folks don't like them. In fact, I think they have a cool Robocop-ish look to them.

The powers that be at the NHL apparently leaked the photo to
USA Today for Friday's edition. These uniforms, known as Rbk Edge, will make their debut during All Star Game festivities in Dallas. And from what I understand, all teams will be wearing them during the 2007-08 season.

But, from where I'm sitting, wearing a coffee-stained gray T-shirt and dark-blue sweatpants, I think they look pretty neat.
That doesn't mean, though, that I don't have some issues with RBK Hockey and the NHL. I'll share those with you tomorrow morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home