1.16.2007

Rivalry aside


There are a couple of reasons why I'm not enamored with the Toronto Maple Leafs. As a Sabres fan, the Leafs are one of our biggest rivals. And, from a hounding standpoint, they are one of the most arrogant teams, though that has changed since Tie Domi, uh, "retired."

Neither of those reasons, though, kept me from hounding the Leafs earlier today. Granted, the fact that the team was staying less than three miles from the house didn't hurt.

All in all, it was a decent way (eight pucks and six cards) to end nine days of vacation. And, given the quality of players who stopped to sign, I certainly don't have any complaints.

Pucks shown above (clockwise, from top left):
St. John's Maple Leafs: Tomas Kaberle
Medicine Hat Tigers: Bryan McCabe
Quebec Nordiques: Mats Sundin
Toronto Maple Leafs: Andrew Raycroft

Also signing were Nikolai Antropov, Jean-Sebastien Aubin, Hal Gill, Pavel Kubina, Paul Maurice, Jeff O'Neill and Matt Stajan.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Man, I'm getting rusty.

I'm usually good at ID'ing autographs, but this time I could only pick out who two of those ones were.

Hope my address lists get here soon so I can get back to adding to the collection.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

To be honest, Drew, I'm even having a hard time recognizing the scribbles that pass for autographs these days.

Nex time the Leafs come back, I'll force myself to have Alexei Ponikarovsky sign a puck. Even though it's in Cyrillic, it's letter-perfect.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

Speaking of letter-prefect, whatever happened to Ales Kotalik's autograph? In his rookie year, I got a perfect AKotalik #12. In 2005, it was... well... I can't describe it in word form, or even in letters or numbers.

And Raycroft. Whooooo boy. Formerly I could at least see an A, an R, and maybe a c, f, and t. And now, I kinda see an R in there.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Something tells me there a column brewing about the penmanship of NHL players.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

Sounds good. If you need any scans as examples, feel free to use any of the ones on my site.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Will do. Thanks.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home