1.01.2007

Nope, I didn't forget

What? Did you really believe I'd let the first day of a new year pass without a posting? Wasn't gonna happen, I tell ya. No way, not on my watch. Hell, I'm just getting warmed up.

Wanna know the reason why? Even if you don't, I'm gonna tell ya. No, I haven't been drinking all day. Nor have I been sleeping all day, even after watching that ball drop on TV last night.

Nope, I've been working. I've put together my final puck orders for the season, barring the Tampa Bay Lightning making a deep run into the Stanley Cup playoffs. I even have to order a puck, if it's possible, from the Oklahoma City Blazers.

And, in putting that list together, I'm better prepared to make a prediction. It's my guess that I'll add another 125 pucks to our collection, ending the regular season with a total of 1,268.

Who's on the list? You should recognize the names. If you don't, you've come to the wrong place, brother.

Here's a random sampling, just to name a few, in order of appearance, more or less, in Tampa in 2007: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal, Marty St. Louis, Olaf Kolzig, Bryan McCabe, Mats Sundin, Patrik Elias, Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez, John Madden, Brendan Shanahan, Petr Prucha, Fedor Tyutin, Alexander Frolov, Anze Kopitar, Lubomir Visnovsky, Vincent Lecavalier, Wayne Gretzky, Georges Laraque, Yanic Perreault, Alex Auld, Zdeno Chara, Stanislav Chistov, Tim Thomas, Brad Richards, Jeff Halpern, Eric Lindros, Marty Turco, Shawn Bates, Mike Sillinger, Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley, Rod Brind-Amour and Tim Gleason.

Those will work, don't ya think? Wanna know something else? Every single one, from the biggest star on down, will only add to the collection. Some day, that Guinness book is gonna come calling.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home