9.06.2006

In early returns

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know Evgeni Malkin, left, finally signed with the Pittsburgh, only adding to the stockpile of young talent the Penguins possess in Sidney Crosby.

Do you want to know what's even more important? More important than hockey, you ask? Well, yes, it is. Other than a mild case of heartburn from a slice of ill-tempered pepperoni pizza, I survived my first primary election night in a newsroom in more than six years.

I've made the move, all 150 feet of it, back to news after spending the past seven-plus months working in the sports department at Florida's biggest and best newspaper. Sure, I'll miss working with some of the people, and having access to more information than most sports fans, but I'll like getting home much earlier most nights, not early mornings.

Even better, I can remain a fan and cheer as loud as I damn want for any damn team at any damn time that I want to. Except for the Maple Leafs and Yankees, that is. I could never do that. Nope, never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home