8.27.2006

One final thought ...

... before I retire for the night so I can watch a repeat of FX Networks' hit show "Rescue Me" and its caustic, but hockey-loving, star Denis Leary:

It's my guess that old-school catchers masks will fade away into obscurity as more of the new generation of baseball catchers opt for the goalie-style masks, shown at right.

Here's to hoping, too, that the baseball masks become just as creative as those worn by goalies. Though I consider myself somewhat of a baseball purist (I don't mind the DH rule, especially when it's Boston's Big Papi), adding more color and personality certainly won't hurt the game.


Addendum: Tonight's episode of "Rescue Me," actually a repeat of Tuesday's show, had Bruins great and former Lightning owner Phil Esposito in a guest-starring speaking role as a fire chief. Patriots coach Bill Belichick also had a cameo speaking role.

Addendum No. 2: So, does Tommy Gavin die in the fire?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home