9.23.2006

Decisions, decisions, decisions

The Dallas Stars are in town to play the Bolts in preseason tomorrow night and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to bring.

On one hand, I'd like to get Mike Modano on a Minnesota North Stars puck, seeing he was the No. 1 overall pick in 1988, as well as his junior team, the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League. Then again, I'd like to start working on my 1999 NHL All Star Game helmet, getting Modano, as well as Eric Lindros, Darryl Sydor and Sergei Zubov, to sign and truly make it my centerpiece project.

Though it doesn't qualify as a dilemma, I still can't decide on what to present. Thankfully, the Stars come back to town in late February, I'll get another shot at them.

By the way, this helmet was a real bargain. First, I won it on eBay, from the AHL Springfield Falcons, for $12.51 plus shipping. Then, a couple weeks ago, when we were at the Lightning's IceFest, I stumbled across official helmet stickers from Tampa's all star game, for $1. Sweet deal, if you ask me, eh? Anyways, I digress.

Lisa and Colin will make their second hounding trip of the year. As usual, they'll work on a Stars team sheet. Between the Islanders, Bruins and Lightning, Colin's getting a real nice collection of those.

Beyond Modano, my puck targets will be Matthew Barnaby, Stu Barnes, Jeff Halpern, Brenden Morrow and Marty Turco. Will I get them all? Who knows? It won't keep me from trying, though. Either way, I'll let you know how we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home