9.15.2006

Quality over quantity

I swear this isn't a case of spin, but I'd have to count today's trip to the Lightning's training camp as one of the best ever hounding adventures.

Not only did I add signed sticks from Ruslan Fedotenko (Stanley Cup winning goal scorer) and Vaclav Prospal to the collection, but the Bolts' Big Three all stopped to sign.

Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis signed Stanley Cup Champions pucks (shown above). Brad Richards, who blew by a small group of hounds yesterday, stopped without asking and signed for all eight of us.

Now that Richards signed my mini Stanley Cup, I need only coach John Tortorella, new team captain Timmy Taylor and defenseman Dan Boyle to complete it. Because there's not enough room for everyone, and I'll soon start working a full-sized team helmet, I'm cherry-picking this piece.

I also got a chance to talk to other hounds. More than half, like me, were collectors. Nice people, very friendly and, most of all, true hockey fans. Unlike the three scumbag dealers (including a potty-mouthed husband and his wife) who took the bait for some verbal jousting, we work too hard to put a price tag on our efforts.

Like I said before, this is going to be a fun season. For me, that is.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home