7.17.2007

I nearly forgot about this

As I was putting together a puck order that was placed earlier today (and, my, what an order it was, seeing that it's most likely the first of three or four this season), I came across a forgotten project -- an unsigned helmet for the 1999 NHL All Star Game played in Tampa Bay.

The helmet, a white Itech, came from the Manchester Monarch pro shop's bargain bin a couple seasons ago. I found the stickers at the Lightning's IceFest last season, paying $1 each for home and away (shown above) versions. Five minutes of effort, namely affixing the home version of stickers to the helmet, and the rest is history.

Though there are some participants who I'm unlikely to get, such as Steve Yzerman, Al MacInnis, Theo Fleury and Sergei Krivokrasov, enough players remain active or will visit the Tampa Bay area this season.

Some of those players at the top of my wish list are New Jersey's Martin Brodeur, Detroit's Dominik Hasek and Nicklas Lidstrom, Dallas' Eric Lindros, Mike Modano and Sergei Zubov, Vancouver's Markus Naslund, the Rangers' Jaromir Jagr, Brendan Shanahan and Martin Straka, and Toronto's Mats Sundin.

Others, and most likely easier to get, include Atlanta's Bobby Holik and Alexei Zhitnik, Boston's Marco Sturm, Buffalo's Lindy Ruff and Teppo Numminen, Minnesota's Pavol Demitra, Montreal's Roman Hamrlik, Pittsburgh's Mark Recchi and Washington's Viktor Kozlov.

Should travel take me back to New England over the next few years, and I'm pretty certain it will, I'd like to add Ray Bourque, too.

Oh, yeah, there's one other player that I'll save some room for -- game MVP Wayne Gretzky. Maybe you've heard about him.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just stumbled across your blog a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Lots of great stories and tips. I am looking at starting to do some TTM for my personal collection.

Keep up the great work and best of luck with your collections.

Brett

6:44 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Brett:

Thanks for the kind words. We really do have a great hobby, don't we?

In case you missed it, Simply Drew has a great posting about TTM autographs.

I did a 1,000-request mailing project back in 1999-2001. I got about 70 percent of them back, providing the foundation for the card collection.

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope the blog continues to be useful.

Best of luck, to, with your collection.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home