12.09.2006

It's better in the morning

If there's one thing I'll take away from today's hounding of the Anaheim Ducks, it's the last bit of evidence I need to know that it's always better to hound a team at the morning skate than at any other time of the day.

Crowds are usually smaller. The players are less focused. And, for the most part, I'm more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

But, before you go off believing that I'm disappointed in today's effort, please know there's nothing further from the truth. Hounding the Ducks, at both the morning skate and at gametime, was, in a word, excellent.

Not only did another 26 pucks make their ways into the collection, including
four from Teemu Selanne, but I also added Jean-Sebastien Giguere to my Team Canada goalie mask. And even better than Colin getting his first puck signed, I believe, was the second of his team sheets.

After filling the first sheet with autographs from 13 players, including Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, his second sheet is definitely a keeper. The only two signatures on the game-dated sheet (shown above) are Chris Pronger and Selanne. Not bad for a 5-year-old, if you ask me.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home