4.02.2007

The second season awaits

Last September, while sweating my tail off during the Tampa Bay Lightning's training camp, the last week of the 2006-07 regular season was seemingly eons away. Now, in less than a week, it'll all be over.

With one hounding session remaining -- a trip to Tampa tomorrow morning for the Carolina Hurricanes -- another regular season is rapidly approaching the books. Now, should the Lightning manage to secure a playoff spot, the second season will continue.

Sadly, not every NHL hound will be able to enjoy the extended season. In some cities, such as Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia, they can use their Sharpies on baseballs. Others, however, must wait until September.

From a purely selfish standpoint, I'm hoping the Lightning finish eighth in the East, meaning they'll likely play my hometown Buffalo Sabres. Not only do I have plenty of Sabres pucks and cards awaiting autographs, but Buffalo also had a pretty easy time with Tampa Bay this season.

What will happen? I don't know. The answers, though, will come soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have no worries on Tampa making the post season. Good luck with the Canes tomorrow. The guys have been pretty good up here as usual, I guess knowing you'll have four months off instead of two (sadly) helps. Anson, Frank, Joe, and Ray have been ducking out so good luck there.

I wouldn't mind seeing a post of how you display all your pucks. Having over 1200 you've got to have a system worked out.

I decided to collect pucks after finding your blog and am already over 15 in two practices. Thanks again for the tip on the wholesaler.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you help on the hounding front with the spot for tomorrow? I'm unsure of how to find that out myself...

6:21 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

I believe the Canes will be staying on Harbour Island at the Westin. I'll call to verify. Should it be someplace else, I'll check back in.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home