4.20.2007

I don't feel sorry

I certainly didn't shed a tear as Ottawa closed out Pittsburgh, using a 3-0 whitewashing last night to take their Eastern quarterfinals series, 4-1. Given the youth and talent that permeates the Penguins' roster, I'm sure this was the first in a long run of playoff appearances for Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury.

The Senators, on the other hand, advance to the semifinals. They could be dangerous, too. It seems like Ottawa's been on a roll since that brawl against Buffalo.

The Sabres, back in Buffalo tonight, could send the Islanders home for the summer. Nashville, also at home, looks to keep its hopes alive, If not, the Predators are done.

As for the Lightning, I recognize the opportunity that awaits. Should Buffalo prevail tonight, and Tampa Bay defeats New Jersey in their series, my 2006-07 hounding season should continue with the Sabres.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home