3.20.2007

Overcoming obstacles


Despite having the elusive Ryan Smyth catch a ride in a hotel van and security shoo us farther away from the entrance, this morning's trip to Tampa for the New York Islanders was pretty productive. I was able to add another 27 autographs, including 11 pucks, to the collection.

Aside from Smyth, most of the team's top players -- Jason Blake, Rick DiPietro, Trent Hunter, Viktor Kozlov, Mike Sillinger, Brendan Witt and Alexei Yashin -- all stopped to sign for a crowd of about 15. In fact, DiPietro signed three pucks -- Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Chicago Wolves and Boston University.

Besides Yashin, among others signing cards were Chris Campoli, Mike Dunham and Andy Hilbert.
The pucks shown above, from left: Boston University - Rick DiPietro; Regina Pats - Mike Sillinger; and Seattle Thunderbirds - Brendan Witt.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog recently and really dig it. I wanted to ask where you get your pucks? I did some searches but couldn't find any recommendations. I'm hoping that there is a better option than Ebay for getting pucks for my team, the Hurricanes, to sign. Ive been getting some at The Eye but they don't have normal logo pucks right now, only Stanley Cup pucks and that doesn't work for Scott, Anson, Denis, etc. I also figure that Ebay is the only option for distinctive pucks but I may be wrong there too.

Id appreciate any advice and maybe others would be interested as well.

Thanks

2:13 PM  
Blogger Puckhound said...

Thanks for reading. I use Anderson Enterprises KPT.

Prices are a lot lower than eBay, provided you buy in bulk. You also don't pay $5 for each puck shipped.

Here's a link to the products they offer on their Web site:

http://www.andersonkpt.com/products

You'll find they offer an assortment of pucks, from team anniversaries, Stanley Cup champions to All Star games.

Just tell them I sent you.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the site for pucks, I really wish I had known about it earlier. I spent about as much for 4 pucks at The Eye as I would've on 12 on your site. Oh well, live and learn.

My puck count is at 9 so far but Im looking forward to chasing you down :). Unfortunately here in Raleigh we have almost no access to the opposing teams since hotel security runs you off and now the RBC wont allow you to wait after morning skates. Luckily our guys are always more than happy to sign after every practice.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home